If you have ever had ingrown hair, you know that it can be a real pain. These pesky little hairs often become infected and can be very difficult to get rid of. In this article, we will discuss what happens to an ingrown hair if you don’t do anything about it.
1. If you try to ignore ingrown hair, they won’t just magically go away; in fact, ingrown hairs tend to become more prominent with time. Not only do they cause discomfort and itchiness, but without proper care and attention, an ingrown hair can quickly become infected. It’s important to exercise caution when attempting to remove an ingrown hair to avoid further irritation or infection.
2. Ingrown hair is an annoying problem that we all encounter from time to time. Even the most well-maintained skin can still develop ingrown hairs, usually after shaving or waxing. If you don’t do anything about ingrown hair, the surrounding skin can become red and inflamed. In addition, bacteria can start to build up in the area, leading to infection and potentially even scarring if left untreated.
3. An ingrown hair occurs when a hair is cut too short and grows back into the skin instead of growing outwards. If left untreated, an ingrown hair can cause some uncomfortable symptoms. The skin around the hair will become red, swollen, and sore as it starts to get infected by the urge of the ingrown hair trying to exit through the pore. In more extreme cases, a lump filled with pus may form and even result in scarring if not treated properly.
4. Ingrown hairs can be quite a nuisance – and often, it seems like the more you try to get rid of them, the worse they get. But if you don’t take any action at all, an ingrown hair can become quite uncomfortable and even cause swelling or pain. The best way to prevent this is to gently exfoliate the area on a regular basis in order to keep the skin clean and clear of debris. Additionally, you want to make sure that both your skin care products and shaving items are kept clean; bacteria can easily build up on dirty blades or razors and end up causing unsightly bumps.
5. Ingrown hairs are an annoying, though fairly common problem that many people experience. It can be tempting to simply ignore them, as they usually go away on their own given enough time. However, this can sometimes result in a permanent scar that can make the skin look unpleasant and patchy. While it’s beneficial to take the right precautions to avoid getting ingrown hairs in the first place, like exfoliating regularly or changing your hair removal technique, if you find you have one it’s best to deal with it sooner rather than later.
6. If you’re someone who deals with ingrown hairs every now and again, you know that they can be quite the nuisance. Not only are they painful and unsightly, but if left untreated, they could lead to more serious problems down the road. The primary concern is infection– if bacteria enter a broken, ingrown hair follicle, it can lead to swelling and redness. In some cases, pus may form, or a boil may develop– both signs of an infection that needs to be dealt with promptly.
7. Ingrown hairs are annoying and unsightly, but most people probably don’t realize just how serious an untreated ingrown hair can be. When not treated properly, ingrown hairs can become infected and lead to a condition called cellulitis. This is typically characterized by redness, swelling, and pain in the affected area, and it can even spread to the lymph nodes or blood if left untreated. In some cases, this infection can even become life-threatening if it spreads to other organs.
So, what do you do if you have ingrown hair? The good news is that there are a few things you can do to try and get rid of it. First, make sure to keep the area clean and free of bacteria. Second, use a warm compress on the area to help soften up the skin and encourage the hair to come out. Finally, if all of this fails or you just don’t feel like dealing with it, you can always go see a dermatologist who can help remove the ingrown hair for you.
Are You Looking for a Skin Care Clinic You Can Trust?
Skincare services at Simply Skin Esthetics in downtown Walnut Creek, California are amazing experiences that keep our clients coming back time after time. Why? Because we care and more importantly we provide skincare treatments that are safe and long-lasting. We care, and it shows in our repeat clientele. We feature HydraFacial, Ultrasound Facial, Signature Facial, Men’s Facial, Express Facial, Treatments/Peels, Teen Facial, and Back Facials! Interested in learning more or scheduling your first session? Contact us now to make your appointment!