What Is The Most Effective Way To Treat Acne?
The most prominent skin condition in the United States is acne. It also appears on your face as an eruption of pimples. But on your chest, collar, back, or shoulders, it may also show up.
Although you can cover a rash with clothes on your chest or arm, covering bumps and blemishes on your face is difficult. Plus, it can be painful for them. They can control and make you self-conscious about your mood.
Acne occurs when oil and dead skin cells clog a pore. People of all ages can be influenced by it. Yet therapies are available that can help. Finding what fits best for you is the trick.
The best time to treat it is when it becomes annoying or when the potential for scarring arises, because everyone gets acne at some time. This can be when unexpectedly serious acne flares, for mild acne that won’t just go down, or even when a single pimple decides to turn up the week before a wedding or prom.
Ways to get rid of acne
Good things are moderation and regularity, but not everyone can sleep eight hours, eat three balanced meals a day and drink plenty of water a day. Perhaps the most helpful improvements to the lifestyle one can make are never picking or squeezing pimples. Playing with or popping pimples makes bumps almost always remain redder and bumpier longer, no matter how patient and clean one is. Redness is often referred to by people as “scarring,” but thankfully, it is typically not permanent. It’s just a mark which if left entirely alone, takes months to fade.
Cleansing and skin care
Despite what one might read in common style and fashion magazines, for every individual and circumstance, there is no magic product or routine that is correct.
- Mild cleansers: Washing once or twice a day with a mild cleaning bar or liquid will keep the skin clean and reduce sensitivity and irritation (for instance, Dove, Neutrogena, Basis, Intent, and Cetaphil are all inexpensive and popular).
- Exfoliating cleansers and masks: It is possible to use a range of mild scrubs, exfoliants, and masks. In a concentration that makes it a very mild peeling agent, these products can contain salicylic acid. The outer layer of the skin and therefore open pores are replaced by these materials. Gentle skin exfoliating agents are also products containing glycolic or alpha hydroxy acids.
- Retinol: This vitamin A derivative, not to be confused with the prescription drug Retin-A, can help facilitate skin peeling.
- Antibacterial cleansers: Benzoyl peroxide is the most common ingredient in over-the-counter antibacterial cleansers.
- Topical (external) applications: Antibacterial cleansers are added to the infected area in the form of gels, creams and lotions. Benzoyl Peroxide, Sulfur, and Resorcinol are the active ingredients that destroy surface bacteria. Some Internet and cable TV brands (such as ProActiv) are far more expensive than similar and even more potent items that can be bought at the drugstore.
In a small number of people, benzoyl peroxide causes red and scaly skin irritation, which goes away as soon as one stops using the substance. Bear in mind that benzoyl peroxide is bleach, so do not let fabrics come into contact with items containing benzoyl peroxide, leaving colored garments, shirts, sheets, and carpets with unsightly white spots.
Occasional visits may be helpful to an esthetician who is a specialist in safely removing blackheads during a facial.
Reduce excess oil
Oil glands can not be stopped from producing oil. Even isotretinoin (Accutane, see below) only slows the oil glands down for a while; later, they resume normal activity. Oil on the surface of the skin can be removed and the presence of shine can be minimized.
- To clean away the grease, use a mild astringent/toner. (In pharmacies, as well as from cosmetic line manufacturers, there are several brands available.)
- By causing the surface layer of the skin to peel (exfoliate), products containing glycolic acid or one of the other alpha hydroxy acids are also helpful in clearing the skin.
- Facial oil is drawn out by masks containing sulfur and other ingredients.
- The additional advantage of helping to clean away oil is antibacterial pads containing benzoyl peroxide.
Are You Looking for Skin Care Help From a Clinic You Can Trust?
Skin care services at Simply Skin Esthetics in downtown Walnut Creek, California are amazing experiences which keep our clients coming back for time after time. Why? Because we care and more importantly we provide skin care treatments that are safe and long-lasting. We care, and it shows in our repeat clientele. We feature HydraFacial, Ultrasound Facial, Signature Facial, Mens Facial, Express Facial, Treatments/Peels, Teen Facial and Back Facials! Interested in learning more or scheduling your first session? Contact us now to make your appointment!