Orinda Oaks Park is a park in Contra Costa County, 217 meters high. Orinda Oaks Park is located southeast of Glorietta, near Mulholland Hill.
Orinda Oaks Park is Orinda’s 12-acre hidden treasure, located on Moraga Way between Hall and Ivy Drives, the perfect spot for family, team, parties and retreats. This relaxing enclave has a barbecue area and plenty of picnic tables available to reserve. The playground encourages visitors to play a quick lawn or volleyball game, and a horseshoe pit is also available.
Eleven acres of park accessed from Moraga ‘s road between Hall and Ivy Drives is a great place to enjoy group picnics, play volleyball, horseshoes and pétanque or just relax!
Orinda Oaks Park is also a trail to the adjacent 110-acre Orinda Oaks Open Space Preserve, which has a myriad of trails that interconnect with great views, all capped by a 360-degree panoramic view of Mt. Diablo and surrounding communities.
These two valuable park areas improve the quality of life of our citizens and promote health and wellness. Parks are also used to protect our natural resources and are important areas for wildlife and habitat.
Over the years, trails, picnics and playgrounds have been built with a lot of volunteers and fundraising. The OPR Foundation has provided a vehicle for citizens to purchase the preserve of open space. Take a few hours off the weekend or some evening after work and enjoy a getaway in your own community.
Trail Rules, Regulations and Restrictions
- Trails are open to the public from dawn to dusk.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not permitted.
- Firearms, hunting, shooting, fireworks, fires of any type, including matches and lighters, are not permitted.
- All plants, wildlife and geological features are protected by laws. Do not capture, collect or harm.
- Dogs must be securely leashed and under owner’s control at all times. Dog waste and trash must be carried out.
- With the exception of motorized wheelchairs, motorized vehicles of all types are prohibited.
- Respect private property and be considerate of neighbors and fellow trail users by keeping noise down.
- Cutting, breaking, defacing or disturbing a sign, fence, bench, or other city property located on trails is prohibited.
- Placing a rope, wire, mark, writing, or sign on a tree, plant or city structure located on, or next to, a trail is not allowed.
- Bicycles are not permitted on trails that have been posted as unsafe for bicycle use.
- Bicycles shall be operated in a safe manner especially when sharing trails with pedestrians. Bicycle speed, on mixed-use trails shall not exceed 15 mph on straightaways and 5 mph around corners and hills. Call out when pedestrians are ahead.
This well-known attraction is located near the following must-see sites in Orinda, California:
- Orinda Community Center Park and Tennis Courts
- Siesta Valley Recreation Area
- Orinda Library
- Bruns Memorial Amphitheater
- Tilden Regional Park
- Orinda Theatre
- Briones Overlook
- Scotts Peak Trailhead
All of these wonderful offices are located just a short distance from our location on Boulevard Circle in historic Walnut Creek, California. Stop by for a visit anytime!